1) To formulate and implement educational policies, schemes, and standards and enhance human resource development to upgrade the quality of education, as well as to improve the equality of educational opportunity and employment prospects;
2) To carry out and support policy research to develop policies, plans, and standards for quality education and human resource development;
3) To monitor and evaluate the educational management as well as develop an evaluation system for the educational management and human resource development;
4) To carry out legal work related to education and human resource development;
5) To encourage collaboration to drive education and human resource development; and
6) To enhance the effectiveness of organization management under good governance.